Polish to English creative translations, editing, copywriting and transcreation.
- * Translation of Polish commercial, legal, financial and public administration texts into English
- * UK English native speaker
- * Qualified: Diploma in Translation (DipTransIoLET) – Institute of Linguists, London
- * Associate Member of the Institute of Translators and Interpreters
- * Professional translator since 2002
- * Specialisations: real estate, corporate, marketing, PR, communications, economics
- * EU VAT registered
- * Based in Warsaw, Poland
- * CAT tool proficient (memoQ latest version)
- * Thousands of projects completed, millions of words translated
Experience in Polish to English translation:
- * I have worked for hundreds of translation companies, enterprises and institutions in Poland, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, the US and several other countries.
- * I have worked for many leading institutions, including the Polish foreign ministry, defence ministry, labour ministry and culture ministry; EU institutions such as the European Commission and the European Parliament; and UK institutions such the Department of Work and Pensions, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Justice.
- * I have worked on thousands of projects involving millions of translated words from just a few lines up to several hundred pages.
Qualifications related to translation, language and writing:
- * Post-graduate Diploma in Translation awarded by the Institute of Linguists in London for Polish to English translation, with semi-specialisations in commerce and law.
- * Post-graduate Certificate and Diploma in Applied English Linguistics.
- * Certificate of Proficiency in Polish language, awarded by the European Consortium of Languages – proficiency level C2.
- * Certificate of Proficiency in Polish language, awarded by the European Consortium of Languages – advanced level C1.
- * Certificate of Proficiency in Polish language, awarded by the European Consortium of Languages – upper intermediate B2.
- * Bachelor’s degree with honours, Politics and Economics, University of East Anglia.
Cultural and language knowledge:
- English – I am a native speaker of UK English. I went to school in Harrogate in North Yorkshire and university in Norwich in East Anglia. I worked in London and Yorkshire in publishing and the Ministry of Defence for 5 years.
- Polish – I have been living and working as a translator in Warsaw, Poland, since 2003. When I am not translating, I am reading Polish literature and non-fiction, watching Polish films and documentaries and attending talks, courses and walks conducted in Polish language.